1. In which city did this story take place?
2. In which month of the year did the Great Chicago Fire happen?
3. What was the O'Leary's house made of?
4. When Mrs. O'Leary went out to the barn, what did she carry with her?
5. How do many people think the fire started?
6. Why did the fire spread so quickly?
7. How long did it take to stop the fire?
8. How much of the city of Chicago was destroyed by fire?
9. What finally happened to help firefighters get the fire under control?
10. Why is Fire Prevention Week held in October?