Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Albert Einstein Lesson Plan
Homeschool Teacher - Lesson Plan & Newsletter
March 14, 2007
On this day in 1879, Albert Einstein was born. Read about him here:
1. Where was Einstein born?
2. When did he earn the Nobel Prize?
3. What famous equation did he derive?
What would it be like to be able to control time? Would you want to go into the future or into the Past? Would you want to speed it up, or slow it down?
POPULAR QUOTES What do you think Einstein meant when he said the following?
"I simply imagine it so, then go about to prove it."
"For me a simple message, to think and act with courage, independence and
"My only talent for genius is my inquisitiveness."
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Use each word in a sentence, to show that you know what it means.
energy crossword puzzle http://www.edhelper.com/energy1352.htm
Let your mind play with these questions, be curious!
1. Research Albert Einstein on-line or at the library, and write down three important facts about him.
2. What did Albert Einstein do in his free time?
3. Ask two adults what they know about Einstein. Compare their answers to what you learned.
4. Think about what makes a good question. Write down at least three good questions that you might ask Einstein if you could meet him. (Hint: Think of "how" and "why" questions, rather than questions about facts you already know.)
Learn about different types of energy http://home.comcast.net/~sciencespot/sources_of_energy.htm
Use this mnemonic for remembering the 6 forms of energy. :
remember the name: MR. CHEN
M Mechanical Energy
R Radiant (Light) Energy
C Chemical Energy
H Heat Energy
E Electrical Energy
N Nuclear Energy
List an activity that uses each form of energy.
Where does electricity come from? The electric company! Of course, this answer is correct but what then is the electric company's source?
Read here to found out more: http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energyfacts/sources/electricity.html#Generation
Send me an email with the 3 resources used to create energy for 5 bonus tickets!
Don’t Forget the Math Challenge! http://homeschoolingthemiddleyears.blogspot.com/2007/03/math-challenge-march-14.html
For more Free Homeschool Lesson Plans