Homeschool Teacher - Lesson Plan & Newsletter
April 21, 2008
On this day in 1926, Queen Elizabeth (Queen of England was born. Read more about her here: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/refarticle.aspx?refid=761556932
Learn more about Queen Elizabeth here: http://www.insideout.net/elessons/worksheets/june/IO249S-queen%20elizabeth-II.pdf
Queen Elizabeth is the monarch of England (also known as Great Britain).
Use this map of the World to answer the following questions about England:
- Which country -- England or the United States -- is farther north of the equator?
- Which country is closer to Africa -- England or the United States?
- Which country is located closer to South America?
- If you were to fly from England to the United States, in which direction would you fly?
- Which country is located at 60 degrees North latitude?
- Which country is located closer to the Tropic of Cancer?
- Which country is located south of Canada?
- Which country is found a 120 degrees West longitude?
- Which country is located closer to the Arctic Circle?
The math challenge today involves finding averages. Learn about averages here: http://www.math-worksheets.info/The_Average.html
Then practice here: http://www.math-worksheets.info/Math_worksheets_on_the_Average.html
Don’t Forget the Math Challenge!
For more Free Homeschool Lesson Plans